Until recently, St Aidan’s was the only Voluntary Controlled Church of England Primary School in the Diocese of London. With this background we aim to provide high quality education in an inclusive, lifelong learning community, where children are encouraged to realise their true potential. We warmly welcome children from all faiths and backgrounds and together, staff, children, parents and governors work hard to make our school a friendly place in which everybody knows they are valued.
We are committed to developing active, responsible children who will go on to play a positive role in the world. Our vision is based on Christian values:
- truthfulness, empathy and sensitivity;
- Self-respect and respect for others;
- the celebration of individual achievements and positive relations between individuals and the community;
- the creation of partnerships within the community to encourage life-long learning.
We believe in:
- good teaching, which is creative and innovative – and makes use of new technology;
- the use of different teaching approaches which address all children’s needs;
- open communication between parents, children and teachers;
- providing a safe, supportive but challenging environment;
- offering early support for children with additional educational needs;
- giving children feedback, so they know how they are doing and how they can improve.