1. The 5 senses
2. Bang (the science of sound)
3. The solar system
4. Life cycles
5. Old and New
6. Picture my world
Talk with confidence, enjoy taking part, listen attentively, be concise, and stick to the topic
Identify types of problems, see patterns, develop a range of strategies to find an answer, record ideas and working out, explain thinking
Learn keyboard skills, e-safety, how to search for information, how to use media to tell a story
Working with others
Team work, offering ideas, agreeing and disagreeing, reaching a conclusion, achieving a shared goal
Learning how to learn
Developing focus, setting own targets, developing curiosity and questioning skills
Listening to others point of view, focussing on the solution and the future
Personal and social skills
Developing empathy and sensitivity to others, being fair, how to share, and be inclusive.
Language and Communication: English and French:
- To use and apply phonics knowledge to read and write
- Be able to write high frequency words correctly
- Choose and read simple texts independently
- To develop knowledge of basic grammar (nouns, plurals, adjectives etc)
- To develop comprehension skills (to talk about the story and its meaning)
- To use capital letters and full stops to demarcate sentences, some will also use question marks and exclamation marks
- Draw and start to write own short version of stories with familiar settings, traditional and fairy stories, fantasy stories and stories from other cultures.
- To play with language and begin to write own poetry
- Draw and write labels, lists and information texts
- Make up or act out dramas in front of a range of audiences
- French – greetings, numbers to 10, colours, parts of the body, days of the week, months, and names of transport.
- Read, write, count and order numerals from 0 to 100.
- To understand place value up to 100
- Say the number that is 1 more or less, and 10 more or less for multiples of 10
- Use the vocabulary related to addition and subtraction and record number sentences
- To count in different size steps (2, 5, 10 from any number)
- Know addition and subtraction facts for numbers up to 10
- To know and use other number facts like doubles and halving, odd and even
- Recognise coins and their different value and to give change
- Estimate, measure, weigh and compare objects, choosing and using suitable uniform non-standard or standard units and measuring instruments
- Know the names of 2D and 3D shapes and name some of their properties (includes basic symmetry)
- Read o’clock and half past and be able to say how many hours have passed
- Start to share quantities into equal groups.
- Understand how all animals use their senses to survive
- Experience loss of sense and record the effect this has
- Explore how sound works
- To know what are the essential processes are of living things
- To research and write information books about a range of life cycles.
- Develop basic keyboard skills
- Understand e-safety issues
- Record photo stories, digital sound recordings, directing a short film
- Make a stop frame animation.
- Read old stories and discuss what we can learn from history
- Compare old and new toys/forms of transport/clothes
- Sing old songs
- Curate family histories
- Historical figures: Neil Armstrong.
- Developing local geographical knowledge, knowing how to describe our locality in geographical terms
- Comparing Stroud Green with one other distant place.
- Use clapping, stamping, walking and instruments to show pulse and rhythm
- Learn rhymes and songs to sing together
- Performing songs with actions to others.
- Use sketch books to develop drawing skills using line, pattern, shapes and tone
- Explore the use of different media (especially watercolour, pencil and pen)
- Explore a range of concepts such as the horizon, using the whole page, simple perspective
- Study the work of different artists.
- Making design decisions about 3D objects (e.g Diwali lamps, rockets, boats, toys)
- Reviewing designs and discussing merits and possible improvements to our work
- Learn how to control a ball (football, basketball)
- Learn how to play games (tennis and rounders)
- Explore movement on and off gym equipment (front and back rolls, cartwheels)
- Develop techniques for long distance running (pacing, improving timing)
- Explore a dance from another culture
- Explore modern dance
- Develop individual and group dance sequences
- Recognise and accept that people have different beliefs
- Learn about the festivals of Diwali, Christmas, Eid, Easter, Nirvana
- Read and discuss the meaning of the stories that Jesus told
- Keep safe and content within the class
- Be able to calm down when feeling scared or upset
- Know what bullying is and what to do if you are bullied
- Learn how to express your feelings in a calm way
- Develop good relationships/friendships with lots of people
- Develop sensitivity and a caring attitude towards others
- Celebrate kindness
- Celebrate achievement.
- New beginnings
- Getting on and falling out
- Going for goals
- Say no to bullying
- It’s good to be me
- Become aware of the disabilities of others in our community
- Develop gardening skills looking after our class bed and grow seedlings in the classroom
- Take part in a sponsored walk for a charity that protects local habitats